i thought i had found a solution but i guess i didn't

I don't have insurance and don't qualify for assistance and the doctors office told me that i could pay it out and the hospital too. I just talked to the lady at the hospital and she told me the fees. $1500.0 for the doctor to deliver me, and $4000.00 for the delivery part at the hospital. That is not a cecesarian deliver either. Anyways she said they do take payments up untill you deliver. The balance is due when you deliver before you leave the hospital. I am pretty sure i wont be able to pay that much before delivery and i am afraid i wont have the balance when i finally do. So i am not sure what my option is right now. I am still trying to figure it out in my mind how much money i can be sure to have. I have cancelled my appointment for next week until i am sure. Anyone have any ideas?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Money & Work

• Have you considered a nurse-midwife? Are you a high risk pregnancy? If not this might be a very viable option for you.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• there is some kind of program called hub or something like that, check it out you may be eligible for that
    smltwnmom

Answer by smltwnmom at 2:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Are you on pregnacy medicad? I was on that with all of my children.I didn't have to pay any of the bills.Go to your local social services and apply for it.They will pay back 3 months,so you can go to your doctor's appointment and won't have to pay upfront.Just tell them that your medicad is pending.
    Tia23sb

Answer by Tia23sb at 2:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Either way.. your gonna have to deliver your baby! So if its NOT paid in full what would the hospital say? Wow I have never thought of this. I hope something works out and soon.
    Anonymous

• Of corce the hospital is going to tell you they want there money up front.. But you do not have to pay it up front. When you get ready to leave the hospital just tell them you do not have that amount of money and tell them you can pay X amount of $ a month. It is called a payment plan.

Or just  have your baby at home,,like they use to do. That's free.

Answer by louise2 at 2:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• They health department helped me apply for insurance that I used just until my 6 weeks post.
    Also alot of the time the hospital can connected you to medicaid also. Ask them, call around! And God Bless..
    Anonymous

• What state do you live in??
    Anonymous

• I live in Texas.
    Anonymous

• Are you close to your due date? That costs seems really inexpensive, considering what the average cost to deliver is. Are you doing a 24 hr stay? Are you using a midwife?
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 3:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Most states have insurance to cover children, and some of those programs also cover mothers. Check with a local social services agency to help you navigate through the bureacracy.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 PM on May. 14, 2009