Should there be a block on campaign contributions

I was just thinking over this whole GE thing and about the auto industry as well. If GE has received billions in bailout money, should there be a block on campaign contibutions from GE, including but not limited to independed advertisements and corporate donations? Technically they would be using the taxpayer's money to keep their money pump in office. I would think that accepting bailout money should forfeit their ability to contribute as a corporation in any way.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:47 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, they should be blocked from contributions, as they are using tax payer's money. They have an obligation to pay back those funds and prove that they have done so before they toss money on the desk in the oval office. Unfortunately, I think they will just find a way around it.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, Bailout and stimulus money went to companies that give roughly 80% of all campaign contributions to congress (of all parties present).

It did appear to me a bit of money laundering on Congress' part, and I find that much more outrageous than a bonus our two.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Interesting point! Do you have further information regarding donation amounts before and after the bailout?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 8:57 PM on May. 14, 2009