My 4 year old is peeing...IN THE HOUSE

I caught my 4 yr old peeing this morning in the house...next to my fireplace. I don't know what to do. I don't know why. I am willing to try anything out.

tabbycat2125

Asked by tabbycat2125 at 2:51 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• LOL... i'm sorry, Do you have a little boy or little girl? If it's a little boy, he probably saw someone in his class or maybe even a family member or friend pe outside or something and just wanted to see if he could do it too. A little girl on the other hand may be a bit more serious. Sit down and ask him/her why, see if you can get any type of answer. Just try to be calm about it, even though they might be ruining ur carpet.
    FrankiesMa08

Answer by FrankiesMa08 at 3:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Its a boy. I jus found out that he saw my 8 year old boy peeing next to his bed. When I confronted my 8 year old, who is the oldest, he said he did it because he was scared to go to the bathroom at night. I dont understand that, because his room is across the hall, like 2 feet, from the bathroom, and there are night lights in the bathroom. I also keep the stove light on to give light into the hallway. Now I really dont know what to do, or how to punish when I have 2 boys peeing. Luckily my middle child is a girl and, so far, I have no problems with her. It jus doesnt make sense.
    tabbycat2125

Answer by tabbycat2125 at 4:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Sorry, I don't t know what to do about that. My 3 1/2 almost 4 yr. old daughter still pees and poops on my carpet sometimes. I know it's sooooooooooooooooooooo frusterating!!!!!
    lilangel2505

Answer by lilangel2505 at 9:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I appreciate all the fast responses. Lilangel, does she pull her pants down and do it? That's what the boys do. They jus wip it and and pee. My hubby is getting ready to go to Iraq in 2 months, he's national guard, and this is adding to the stress. He came home for an hour tonight to visit, but had to go back to the base. He's doing training. He only had about 30 min to visit, because the base is 45 min away, and spent almost 20 min of it talking to the boys about thier peeing. I hope this works. If not, he suggested maybe putting them in diapers, but Im not sure this would work or if its considered "abuse", especially for my 8 yr old. I definitely don't need that drama while he is gone. I hope that you can get her to stop lilangel. Good luck.
    tabbycat2125

Answer by tabbycat2125 at 9:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• 8 year old issue is different. But 4 year old, put that boy into cotton training pants or diapers. And explain that just because the brother does it, doesn't me he has to and he's old enough to understand that.

Had to do this to my daughter. The stigma of going back into diapers might last a few days.

8 year old: leave lights on? Make sure he's going potty before bed time? Stop drinking at 6?
    lynnard

Answer by lynnard at 1:06 PM on May. 15, 2009

• Yea. Ill have to put the 4yr old in diapers. I jus dont know what possesed my 8 yr old to do it. I stop giving drinks after 5 because we eat at 4 and bed is at 8. There are lights on. Hes a smart kid, usually pretty good, and hes in gifted. I dont know how a gifted and well behaved child does this. Im jus wondering if its because his daddy is leaving to Iraq. However, I dont want him or even myself to use that as an excuse. He has a well check with the doc in June. I guess Ill bring up to the doc, if it doesnt stop. Thanx again to you all for your help.
    tabbycat2125

Answer by tabbycat2125 at 2:39 PM on May. 15, 2009