Maybe my water broke... help please

How much water comes out?

I was sitting on my couch, and i felt some stuff come out, i thought it was discharge so i didnt think anything of it.

Then i felt the couch and there was a little wet spot on the couch.
My shorts have a little wet spot and so do my underwear. Its a pretty big spot.

mommyofAurora

Asked by mommyofAurora at 2:51 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would say go to labor and delivery just to be sure.. Good luck. They broke my water at the hospital..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 2:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Im only 33 weeks!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:54 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Does it get wetter when you either stand up or sit down?
    I'd say call your doctor's office and tell them what happened.
    imacafemom

Answer by imacafemom at 2:54 PM on May. 14, 2009

• stand up and see if it keeps dripping dwn ur leg if it does and when u wipe and it keeps running dwn ur leg more than likely yes !!
    I went too hosptial yesterday I am 39 wks and i kept feeln wet so i wanted too make sure .. if u kep havign too change ur panties bc there soaked and if u get a gush of water or water keeps leakn down ur leg after u wipe then go get it checked.. but baby may have been pressn dwn on ur bladder.
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 2:55 PM on May. 14, 2009

• No it doesnt do anything different when i stand up or sit down. Im freaking out!!
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I dont think she is pressing down on my water. She is side ways and really high up.
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 2:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm not a lot of help cuz the drs had 2 break my water 4 both of my kids...but from what I've been told it sounds like either a) u have a lil leak or b)the baby is squeezing on ur bladder & u peed a lil bit. Dnt feel bad if that's the case cuz that happens 2 us ALL! (Not 2 mention after baby we STILL have that problem sometimes) I'm guessing ur ok...but if ur not comfortable, call ur dr. They will advise. :)
    bridgeh2o

Answer by bridgeh2o at 2:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• well if ur freakn out go too the hospital.. its probably nothing .. if it isnt a gush of water.. or if u not leaking when u stand up... doc told me yesterday that if it was ur water it wud run dwn ur leg and when u wipe it it just keeps running dwn ur leg. if is nothing running dwn ur leg i say ur ok.. but do whatever u wanna .
    ashley_nick30

Answer by ashley_nick30 at 3:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My doc said if you think your leaking to lay down for about 15 mins and if you get up and a lil gush of liquid comes out then your water broke, try that, if it doesn't happen then you are ok!! GL
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 3:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It's probably discharge or pee...
    Anonymous