How many mothers have had lots of painful cramping but no bleeding with your second pregnancy and the dr told you it was normal?

I have been having horrble and painful cramping (feels like bad gas pains)the past few weeks but I haven't had any bleeding. I have told my dr about this whenever I have a visit with them and they have told me it is normal. Just everything growing and stretching. Has anyone dealt with this with your second pregnancy and if so what did you take to make it lessen or get rid of it altogether?

Abelsmom2006

Asked by Abelsmom2006 at 12:05 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Try laying back, relaxing or maybe even taking a warm bath. If that doesn't work, try a small heating pad. They sell these little stick on things for menstrual cramps (they stick to the outside of your undies)...worked wonders for me.
    atheistzmbie

Answer by atheistzmbie at 12:23 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I had what they called round ligament pain with my second, which totally freaked me out. Usually lying down for a few minutes would help. However, it is always a good idea to keep your doctor posted just in case it means something more.
    kimmie10575

Answer by kimmie10575 at 12:28 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• My doctor told me it was nrmal. He also said warm compresses. Even tylenol,and change positions. They will go away.
    marcy3girls

Answer by marcy3girls at 5:57 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I get VERY bad gas pains... if you are going to use something warm to make them go away make sure you arent using a heating pad .. nothing too hot. But what i have done is cut back on foods. Some foods you eat can makey ou gassy ie: beans mexican food, fast food, spicy food, cheese, dairy etc.. :)

hope this helps!
    -kelsey
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:07 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• another thing, the sticky things that you put on your lower belly are VERY bad for your baby because they get so hot.. u def do NOT want to use one of these.. if you are going to use heat just do a warm bath..make sure its not too hot though. and a heating blanket is not good to use either.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:09 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I have had more pain down near the bottom of my "baby bump" that I don't remember having with my 1st pregnancy. Mine gets worse after I have been lying down or sitting for long periods of time. I'm only 25 weeks along & sometimes the pain is so bad that I'm already waddling... my doctor told me it was normal.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 22, 2008