Do you get FOOD STAMPS?

I do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:00 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yes 499 in fs. LOv it~
    Anonymous

• We have been getting about $500.00 in FS for the last 9 months or so, but, with my husband's new job, (he works from home & he works a full time job out) we're making over $4000.00 a month and now... WE DON'T QUALIFY!!! THANK YOU JESUS!!! YOU ARE SOOOOO GOOD!!!
    NO MORE FOOD STAMPS!!! YAY!!!!

Anonymous

• No. I technically qualify for them, but we do not need them thankfully! God takes great care of and provides well for us. Even though military pay is not great, we have managed to make it this far. We were on food stamps when hubby first enlisted, 12 years ago, because that pay is NOT enough for a family of 3 to live on.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• used to, but we "overqualify" now. but I certainly appreciated the assistance when we had it! I was preggo at the time, we werent doing well with money (still arent, but it has gotten a lot better and we live comfortably), and I used every penny when it drawed close to the expiration!
    Anonymous

• Nope , i sure wish i could... i didnt qualify for a family of 2 :(
    i had just exceeded the maximum budget allowed.
    but what i dont understand is why they use your Gross pay whn that def isnt what u bring home after taxes and then they dont even factor in your expences like rent childecare etc.
    we could def use the assistance, but thats the way the stupid cookie crumbles, lol
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 3:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yeah, we do. I am actually the only adult in the house who is able enough to work (including me, there are 5), and with the job market right now, I haven't found a job. So, we get them but one day i would like to be off them and say I support us.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yep
    gulfcoastmom4

Answer by gulfcoastmom4 at 3:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i used to. but then i made enough money to support my family so i got off them. but now since i lost my job im going to apply again today!
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I am single with no support...and a 13y/o....I barely clear $1240.00 a month and I recieve $99.00 in FS. We are happy for them, but, wish we got a teensy bit more.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 4:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I used to get over 500 a month for family of 5. Now i work my husbands days off and make 600 a month so we dont qualify anymore. I miss them but its nice knowing you can do it without them.
    Anonymous