how can i find out if my daughters weight is ok?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:07 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Just have her get a check up with her Dr. Age, height and weight are not all that goes into determining someones ideal size. Some kids are taller or shorter, some have more muscle than others. A Dr is the only one who can tell you what is right for her. By just looking at people someone may think they are over weight when they are in fact muscular. The typical BMI they use in gym at school is inaccurate because it doesn't take into account a persons body structure.

MomOfJandM

Answer by MomOfJandM at 4:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Take her to the doctor
    lady-t3984

Answer by lady-t3984 at 8:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• When my kids go to the doctor - i chart their weight and height on those CDC standard pediatric growth charts. It gives me an idea of where they should be.. I have one daughter who used to be over the normal line and the other one never made it on the chart... so take it with a grain of salt.. :)
    Gail99

Answer by Gail99 at 9:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 11:08 PM on May. 14, 2009

• forgot to add: I compare my kids' weight percentile with their height percentile. If they're close, I don't worry.
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 11:09 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Gail99 All children on the growth chart are normal.

To OP, get a growth chart or ask your pedi where she's at on the growth chart.
    simonsmomma

Answer by simonsmomma at 12:47 AM on May. 15, 2009