How do you deal with the Pain of lossing a loved one?

My little sister passed away on the 6th of April 3 weeks after giving birth to a beautiful baby girl she was only 21. Life has been so difficult the pain hurts so much everyday

numba1supermom

Asked by numba1supermom at 3:11 PM on May. 14, 2009 in About CafeMom

• I don't know.... but you're not alone. I lost someone dear to me on April 6th. It was my Uncle Bob... we were VERY close. I have a lot of pain, but thinking of what others have/are going through.... I'm just floored.

My other uncle, for example, buried his mother on his birthday at the age of 14.... then lost his twin at the age of 19..... then had to bury his brother (whom he lived with) the day after his birthday this year --- the wake was ON his birthday, Easter Sunday.

I just "deal" with my pain... then think of his... and call him to cheer him up.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 3:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You do what you need to (within reason). Cry when you need to. Laugh when you need to. Scream when you need to. And talk talk talk when you need to.
    firenicecream

Answer by firenicecream at 7:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• There are stages to grief. I did a quick look online and found this:
    "Numbness (mechanical functioning and social insulation)

Disorganization (intensely painful feelings of loss)

Reorganization (re-entry into a more 'normal' social life.) "

http://www.cancersurvivors.org/Coping/end%20term/stages.htm

Answer by admckenzie at 7:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm sorry to hear that! There are many stages of grief, and not every person goes through every stage. There are also many methods of dealing with grief. If you write, write about it. If you like to walk, go for walks alone and meditate. If you have a religious belief, discuss the pain with your deity or deities in whatever way you see fit (spell-casting, prayer, candle ceremonies, etc.). And if there are others grieving, talk with them about it; y'all can be strong together. Who is caring for your sister's little baby? Maybe hanging out with that baby and taking care of its needs will bring you joy in this time of grief?
    LunasMama

Answer by LunasMama at 9:27 PM on May. 14, 2009