Okay mommas, I read through old posts about feeling dizzy, but didn't find an answer really...

I know dizziness is common in pregnancy, but should I be concerned. I went out about 3 hours ago and got something for lunch, when I got home (before eating) I was sitting in the car and suddenly everything felt like it was spinning. Right after I got really shaky. I came in the house and ate, but it never went away. Now I am getting a headache. I had an episode like this recently except without the headache and it went away quickly. Should I be really concerned? Is it likely that I will actually pass out? I have a doctors appointment next week, but don't know if I should be worried about it now. I am pushing 19 weeks along...

kitten_shuga

Asked by kitten_shuga at 3:16 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Probably from your blood sugar levels...eat small meals
    Anonymous

• The biggest case of dizziness while pregnant is lack of the right nutrients, such as iron! An iron deficiency can really bring on some dizziness. Hopefully your taking a prenatal vitamin, or some kind of multivitamin. Make sure it has a high amount of Iron, and then eat some high iron foods. Try that and than I would wait it out until your dr's appt next week.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Your blood pressure could be high, or your sugar. Try to drink more water and stay away from caffeine. That happened to me too.
    Haidens_Mama

Answer by Haidens_Mama at 3:37 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would suggest buying an electronic blood pressure monitor. Sometimes high blood pressure or extra low blood pressure can cause dizziness and shakiness.
    vamom2be

Answer by vamom2be at 4:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Hi guys, just wanted to update. My doctor recommended that I go to the ER, so I did. They couldn't find anything wrong, all my levels were perfect, baby is great. They gave me some "just in case" antibiotics and some meds for motion sickness and sent me home after about 3 hours. Scary stuff, but at least everything is good. Thanks for the advice!
    kitten_shuga

Answer by kitten_shuga at 9:55 PM on May. 14, 2009