• In the Spotlight:

I need help making graduation invitations!

My daughter didn't turn her order in, so now I have 3 days to get them ready and mailed by May 18, Please, I need some ideals quick. She wants to put her prom picture in each invitation.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• You can make some pretty simple, but nice ones in a regular word document. Find a nice font that you/she likes. I would center everything. I'm sure you can find some examples online of different wordings to use. Then buy some nice card stock or other nice paper, and print them out. I would do probably 4 to a page. Then get as many copies of her prom pic as you need and slide them in the envelope with the invitation, and maybe some vellom paper.
    avpriddis

Answer by avpriddis at 3:37 PM on May. 14, 2009

• If I were you I would head over to JoAnnes or Micheals and buy some nice cardstock, some photo corners, a graduation theme stamp, and a "time/date/event" stamp. Then head over to staples, and buy a box of invitation envelopes from them (item # below). It will probably end up costing you $40 or so dollars for everything but you can make as many invites as you need.

Instructions: Take your piece of cardstock and cut in half width wise... you should end up with two pieces of paper, 8.5" by 5.5". Folding that in half will give you a nice sized card of 5.5" x 4.25" which fits perfectly in 4 3/8" x 5 3/4" greeting envelopes from Staples (item #909244)

(continued)
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 6:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Stamp the front with the "graduation" theme stamp of your choice, then stamp the inside with the "time/date/place" stamp. You can get gold, or silver stamp pads and "layer" the gold underneath and the black on top, or use the schools colors, for an even cuter affect. On the backside of the front flap of your card, place two photo corners (sold in packs of 100 or more usually, and in lots of different colors. Usually by the adhesives.. and stick her prom photo in there. should look something like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/96939361@N00/3531447157/ showing the front, then the inside if it was laying flat on the table. It certainly isnt the most fancy, but its to the point and creative.. and you can do it for relatively inexpensive and easy.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 6:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Hobby Lobby has a larger selection of stamps, if you have one of those locally.
    LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 6:15 PM on May. 14, 2009