how do you feel about women who give a child up for adoption?

itsnotaclowncar

Asked by itsnotaclowncar at 3:38 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i think it's a better choice than getting an abortion, especially if you're not financially stable to have a child.
    exxOHjackie

Answer by exxOHjackie at 3:39 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think they must have had to make a difficult choice.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 3:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think it's a brave thing to do. She chose life and since she can't for whatever reason care for the child, another family will and their dreams will come true.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 3:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I gave up a child for adoption!! I don't think anythings wrong with it. If I had decided to keep the baby he would not have the life he has now! I know the family he went to and they're a VERY well off family and will give him things I wouldn't have been able to at the time and probably now. No one will ever make me feel bad about what I did.
    Oh by the way I didn't "give up" my child, I placed him in home with loving family!
    Anonymous

• Must be hard to do. I have respect for them for doing what they think is best for the child. I couldn't do it.
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I feel very respectful and (though it's not about me) proud of the decision they made. They truly understand the notion of "the best interests of the child" unlike many who think you have to keep a child, even though you have no ability to care for him/her. Birth parents who give their biokids the chance for a really great future are making the hardest decision they'll ever make, and giving an incredible life to their offspring and the parents who adopt, love and nurture "chosen" children.

I have huge respect for their bravery, kindness and selflessness.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 3:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think that it takes a hell of a lot of courage!! And I praise whoever is doing this, to choose adoption rather than abortion!! I think it's wonderful to give a child to a family that really deserves one or has wanted one for so long but hasn't had the chance! I think adoption is a wonderful, beautiful thing!!!
    mamie2shoes

Answer by mamie2shoes at 3:52 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have a lot of respect for a person who can do that. So much better than an abortion. To me you would have to be very couragous and very selfless.....
    mamakirs

Answer by mamakirs at 3:54 PM on May. 14, 2009

• What is there to think? I really don't understand questions like this.
    Anonymous

• I think it is a very hard thing to have to do, I totally support moms who decide to give their baby for adoption for a better life.
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 4:34 PM on May. 14, 2009