Will stopping nursing affect my period?

I was very irregular before having my son and it took years to get pregnant. He is now 20 months old and since my period came back when he was 8 months old it has been regular! I have started weaning and am pumping a little 2x a day to ease my body into it. We want to try for another baby and am hoping it will be easier now. That got me thinking that messing w/ my hormones by stopping nursing could cause my period to become irregular again. My obgyn said this could possibly happen! I don't want to start nursing him again after working to getting him used to NOT nursing, but also the idea of pumping 2 -3 x day to keep a supply is not at all appealing. Has anyone encountered this situation before? Any advice would be appreciated!!!

carriemills

Asked by carriemills at 3:44 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• You can start trying while your still pumping and ease your way off the pumping so your body isn't in hormone shock. If your doctor will prescribe it ask for clomid to help stimulate ovulation and if your period is irregular you and try provera to increase the hormones so you have one.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:49 PM on May. 14, 2009