Sex, blood, and rock and roll?

My husband went to Yakima for training for 10 days. Needless to say...We had some great sex when he came home last night. But when he got up to pee afterwards he shouted from the bathroom "Hun, are you bleeding?". Now, I have heard that plenty of times after sex....what with being a fertil woman who still got her periods. But since im 17 weeks pregnant, and haven't seen blood in months we were a bit concerned. I got up to check, and low and behold, I dripped bright red yet clearish blood to the bathroom. Then when I sat down and wiped, there it was again. Quite a bit of it too. I used 3 wet wipes to clean up, took a shower, and then put a panty liner on. I had to change that liner in the middle of the night but the new one doesn't have any blood on it. So no more blood, no pain, but my hubby is absolutely horrified to have sex again. So, Should I call my dr. for some reassurance? Or did the same thing happen to you?

momma_shuler

Asked by momma_shuler at 3:45 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I would spot a little bit but it never was enough where I had to put on a panty liner. My cramps after sex were bad though but after a check up with the doctor I was reassured everything was fine. I would check with the doctor hon. It's always better to be safe than sorry.
    melissa0425

Answer by melissa0425 at 3:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• He may have torn you a little as long as it has stopped and your not having pain and the flow did not get heavier with clotting I think your fine. You can alway call the doctor, it is probably a tear or maybe a small cyst he hit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I bled once too after sex. Everything was ok.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 3:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would call your doctor and see if they'll see you.
    kmartin527

Answer by kmartin527 at 3:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• anytime you're bleeding and you're pregnant you should go to the emergency room immediately
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 3:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• we didn't have sex the whole time cause i would bleed, doc warned us not to till kids were born
    mirit.rose

Answer by mirit.rose at 4:00 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think some spotting would be normal but it sounds like there was alot of blood. I would call the doc just to be sure. best of luck to you.
    Tris_09

Answer by Tris_09 at 4:01 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I do have a corpus luteum cyst on my right ovary. But I've been told that when they rupture it is EXTREMELY painful. And I feel fine aside from my legs feeling a little stretched out :)
    momma_shuler

Answer by momma_shuler at 4:03 PM on May. 14, 2009