Do you know the Cost of War?

856,847,998,594 BILLION.

Now we know the cost, but how much more innocent blood will be shed at the cost of a dollar?

Saying the same things over again
Repeating the same slogans we don't know where we've been
We've been all over the globe on our government's funds
Leavin' man woman and child dead bloody and numb
saying the same things over again
Repeatin the same slogans we don't know where we've been
We've been overthrowing leaders with legitimate views
Democratically elected but we didn't approve....
How many times can the line divide
How many wars to uphold some pride
Fears uncontrolled just swoll the tide
Of blood in the streets while the people die.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:55 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• There's no honorable way to kill, no gentle way to destroy. There is nothing good in war. Except its ending.

"Violence as a way of achieving racial justice is both impractical and immoral. It is impractical because it is a descending spiral ending in destruction for all. The old law of an eye for an eye leaves everyone blind. It is immoral because it seeks to humiliate the opponent rather than win his understanding; it seeks to annihilate rather than convert. Violence is immoral because it thrives on hatred rather than love. It destroys community and makes brotherhood impossible. It leaves society in monologue rather than dialogue. Violence ends by defeating itself. It creates bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers."

Anonymous

• Unfortunately many families only income resource is being in the military. So they take pride of what they do.
    Anonymous

• I support the military 100% My husband has fought in IRAQ 3 times and I stand behind everything he has done and will continue to do in order to insure our freedom. I don't believe in the war but I believe in our military and yes the war is costing a ton of money but thats not his personal choice. If you stand for nothing you will fall for anything and if you can't stand behind our military then feel free to stand in front of them.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 3:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• So, do you have a solution? Or do you just want to sit around and piss and moan about shit? If you don't like the way things are going then do something.
    Anonymous

• My brother was killed in this war. He volunteered and fought bravely. He believed in what he was doing and was willing to pay the cost for freedom in other parts of the world. I hate my brother died and do not like war (who does?) I do feel it is a necessary evil and support the troops and all who keep us safe. I do worry for my other brothers in the military with Obama in charge. Two are getting out won't reenlist under Obama. They worry he has no clue.
    Anonymous

• My husband is currently deployed fighting in this war you are complaining about it. Do you know how many more innocent lives would be lost if we give up and go home? Or was that not taken into consideration?
    Its a sad fact but there are people in this world who understand nothing but brute force. No amount of talking or diplomacy will stop them. If you want to moan and complain about the men and women who are keeping you safe then I suggest you take it else where.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 4:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• OP--

Do you know the cost of FREEDOM?!

It's PRICELESS!!!!! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

ONE person ALONE cannot do change, But all together can change something, The only problem with war is it divides people, How can we come together and stop the war if we are all divided???
    Anonymous

• ONE person ALONE cannot do change, But all together can change something, The only problem with war is it divides people, How can we come together and stop the war if we are all divided???

***

When there are no more people who want to kill, behead, torture, torch, and hang INNOCENT civilians in the world, will war no longer be necessary.  Until then, you need to accept that you are able to come and go in and out of this country, and pursue that which makes you happy, and post your drivel, all because someone laid their life on the line so that you could enjoy your FREEDOMS!!  You'd think you'd be grateful?!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think that war is an ugly fact of human nature, grown up world leaders can't play nice any more than toddlers on a play ground.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:33 PM on May. 14, 2009