Why does your abdomen get hard after sex?

(or masturbation) This happened to me for the first time last night and it scared me to death. I'm almost 14 weeks. Afterward, my tummy returned to normal, but it hurt for bout 15 minutes.

ps- sorry if this question offends anyone

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:03 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its because your uterus is contracting. It is normal, as long as your not noticing pain with bleeding your fine, it does it all the time but pregnancy makes you aware of it.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:05 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Contractions
    Anonymous

• Yeah, it's just mild contractions.

Or it could be the baby's way of telling you that there's only so much room in there. (Sorry, couldn't resist.)
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 4:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• it because when you are aroused more blood goes to your uterus this happens to me every time im aroused. it has nothing to do with the baby not having enough room. Your boyfriends.husbands penis is no where near the baby the penis can't even get past your cervix. So just take it easy dont have any rough sex if you are still worried talk to your physicican
    Anonymous