Teething or Ear Infection?

I keep hearing that ear infections and teething have the same symptoms. My DD has been pulling at her ears and she has a rash on her face and now its on her neck and torso. i have no idea if rashes have anything to do with teething or ear infections? Her babysitter also said she threw up quite a bit this morning. Any ideas? (not sick...acts fine, and no fever) Also been a little cranky and clingy.

1timemommie

Asked by 1timemommie at 4:05 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It sounds like a food allergy or and outdoor allergy to me. Teething and ear infections tend to have low grade fevers, clear discharge from the nose and pulling at the ears and with teething slobbering a lot. A rash is usually a sign of an allergy. Have you tried any new foods with her? I would call your doctor and have her looked at.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 4:07 PM on May. 14, 2009

• when my dd gets an earinfection she gets an upset stomach throws up and all that, but i dont know about teething and a rash my dd never had that. id take her to the doctor just to be sure. if it is an ear infection she might need some medicine. and the rash thing, better safe than sorry in my eyes.
    Anonymous

• I would take her to see her doctor. It sounds like she has an ear infection. babies don't usually throw up while teething. does she have a fever(either way ear or teeth she will have a fever) the rash probably means she has an infection of some kind whether it be viral or what ever. My daughter gets rashes when she gets a viral infection. Take her to her doctor.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 4:08 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Ear infection makes fever. You are saying no fever.Then again better take her to doctor.
    gingercakegirl

Answer by gingercakegirl at 4:43 PM on May. 14, 2009