Any one have children that attend Rowell or the Alpharetta, GA school districts. We are relocating and need advice. I have been to the web site geatschools.com

We are relocating to Georgia in about two weeks and I am looking for an elementary school and a pre-k. Will pick school first then where to live second.

ssbmom

Asked by ssbmom at 4:06 PM on May. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I grew up there! How neat! I would love to go back. I could tell you where I went in that area. It was a good school, but that was in the 80's so i can't promise that it is the same. I will give you a GREAT recommendation if you have a daughter who likes dancing...

I attended Esther Jackson Elementary school and lived in the Martins Landing subdivision...it is HUGE, but may or may not be where you are looking to live. They have everything from apartments to condos to houses in the subdivision.

I havent looked at your profile, but if you have a daughter and she wants to take dance classes I attended Tolbert Yilmaz School of Dance and was a member of the Roswell Dance Theatre for AGES!! I made life long friends there. If that interests you, I can tell you more about the teachers, etc.

Dont know if that helps or not....but I saw my hometown and just had to reply! Again, I love the area and I hope you will too!
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:39 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Also, look at River Eves Elementary School. It isn't far (just within a few miles, I think) of the one I mentioned earlier, but it is newer and has a 9 out of 10 rating on the great schools website you mentioned. I think it is also in the Centennial High School zone, and that is a good High School. (it was built when I was a senior so I didnt go there)
    Glowing4Caleb

Answer by Glowing4Caleb at 10:49 AM on May. 15, 2009