My sister cant be my maid of honor because her boyfriend said no!! what can i do!!?

my sisters boyfriend is in jail and told her that if she would be my maid of honnor then it was over because he will be getting out of jail about that time and he wanted her home and he said that he wouldnt feel like going any where!!!

YoungMomE

Asked by YoungMomE at 4:22 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• That is crazy!!!!! Family comes first, and if he is that controling from JAIL.......then she shouldn't be with him. Sorry.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 4:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You can't force her, but you can point out that her relationship looks very unhealthy, if not abusive.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• What a self centered controlling jacka*s he is. So that means she can't attend your wedding at all?

Answer by admckenzie at 4:29 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Family is first....hope she decides to stand beside you on your special day

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 4:37 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Wow! Is you asking her something that just came up or have you been counting on her for a while and she's backing out at the last minute? Well I guess it doesn't matter, it sounds like she's already made her decision. Family does come first and her boyfriend should not be putting those types of stipulations on your sister, understandable he's been gone and they want to see each other but not enough reason to tell her it's over if she's your maid of honor.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 4:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Excuse me, the loser is jail and she is still with him? She has low self esteem and she is your sister, she should stand up to him and if he doesn't like it, then good bye!

Anonymous

• Well, that tells you right there how co-dependant your sister is to this jail dude. Can she not do any better really?

The man is not even her husband and he is already trying to control her? If pleasing this "joke of a man" is more important to your sister than being there for you, then be it. i wouldn't want my sister to be my maid of honor if a jackass feelings were more important to her then being there for me.

It is different once you are married, but a boyfriend, geez.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 4:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yikes, she really needs to ditch that guy. What a creep!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• And I actually agree with bebita that if she chooses to catow to him... I would be upset.
    I've had friends in situations like this, and though you feel you want to keep them in your life, you are kind of enabling their effed-up relationship by going, "okay, whatever- your life". Sometimes you have to get pissed off in order to get through to that thick skull!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 5:02 PM on May. 14, 2009

• This would mean that she also can't even attend your wedding. And his insisting that she be there doesn't seem right. I can see that getting out of jail that he'd be very interested in female company. But he doesn't sound like much of a catch if he is in jail and also so insensitive to her feelings.

Answer by Bmat at 5:31 PM on May. 14, 2009