Should pets drink filtered water?

Gourmandier

Asked by Gourmandier at 4:22 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pets

• I don't see why not. Whatever water is drinkable by you should be fine. Although our cats if given a chance will drink from the toilet.

Answer by Bmat at 4:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I dont see why not. but like bmat said my cat will drink out of the toliet he also drinks out of everything but his water bowl. i think its because the water in his dish dosnt move all the time like when you flush. because thats when he runs in there to get a drink.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 4:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Pets can drink filtered water, but they don't NEED to. Animals are fine on tap water.
    bookay

Answer by bookay at 4:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I drink tap water so of course my pets are going to also.
    spbeta

Answer by spbeta at 5:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My cats favorite water is right out of the tap and into the tub. My bath tub has turned into a gaint cat water bowl.
    mom-2-4boys

Answer by mom-2-4boys at 6:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Our 13 cats, 2 birds and 2 chinchillas only get water from our R/O system, and our cats drink out of a fountain, so the water is constantly filtered all over again. The dogs get tap.
    MrsGurt

Answer by MrsGurt at 9:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• my cat will only drink water from water bottles. if it came from the sink he purposely spills it and will keep spilling it until he gets the water he wants. we spend alot of money on him. and also wen it comes to food...lol it has to be wet food otherwise he starves himself. id say we have1 very spoiled baby.
    brunzysgirl

Answer by brunzysgirl at 12:32 AM on May. 15, 2009