What can be done to help Tendititis?

I have tendititis and about 2 months ago the doctor put me on anti-inflammatory. My problem is that I don't want to get use to using them because they are safe for breastfeeding BUT only for a short period. I do take tyenol when it hurts real bad and use Icy Hot. But that isn't enough.

Does anyone know what can be done to ease the pain especially at night? That is when it bothers me the most or when my son nurses for an extended period of time. TIA.

palexander

Asked by palexander at 4:29 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• Avoid or cut way back on whatever caused the tendinitis. For me it was avoiding certain dance steps. Use a heating pad or moist heat for 20 minutes on and half an hour off. Very light stretches after the area is warmed up. And how about physical therapy- perhaps this would help with a cure. I wonder if you could massage the area gently, too.

Answer by Bmat at 4:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I know several things that may help you. If you are interested in naturals email me.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 10:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I use Advil when mine flares up. Use ice and heat (alternating). Light stretches help to. You have to strengthen the muscles and tendons. Don't over do activity that you know aggravated the tendoniitis.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I wear braces on my arms at night. It helps me alot.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:39 AM on May. 15, 2009