3 month old with a lot of mucous in nose and throat

My 3month old has been having trouble breathing and eating due to all the mucous in his throat. He tries to cough it out, but it doesn't work... anyone else going through the same thing? If so, how are you handling it? I've tried a humidifier and saline drops, which seem to work a little.

KittieM

Asked by KittieM at 5:11 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take them to the doctor. Me and my son both had this problem and they said it was an upper respiratory infection. Yes we used the above products, but we also took mucinex. It helped so much. But since the baby is only 3 mo. then I would really ask the doc. Good luck and I hope he feels better.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Have you tried a nasal aspirator?or the little bulb with the saline drops?My son had this problem about a month ago from a little cold. They don't like it but it helped him eat, sleep without trouble breathing. Also another thing you can try is the Johnson Baby Vapor bath stuff. That works well too. The eucalyptus with the warm water helps loosen the mocous
    Borikaos

Answer by Borikaos at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• call your doctor, your baby could get very sick very fast by breaathing mucos into its lungs. Whenever a small baby is sick with anythiing, call the doc.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would use Little noses ,

And ask if you can use Johnsons Vapor Bath,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:18 PM on May. 14, 2009