End of times

If you think the end of times theme is getting out of hand here and you are wondering if you fell asleep and woke up in Middle Ages, vent here.
Believers, please skip this question if you are obsessing about this end of times, Jesus coming business a lot. It's not for you.

BeaMoore

Asked by BeaMoore at 5:14 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The "End Times" has been coming since the year 34 A.D., LOL. I love how every, oh, 20 years or so we get another "sign". I believe Jesus is coming . . . some day. But I don't think my children's children will be around to see it, and if they were, WHY OBSESS OVER IT??
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 5:18 PM on May. 14, 2009

• MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Hahahaha. I know, really. I think every generation is so full of themselves because they think THEY will be the ones to witness the "end times".

Why live to die? Really?
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• The end times are coming in 5 billion years. Question is if there will still be any people around by then ;)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:23 PM on May. 14, 2009

• LOL! The "look busy" one is one of my personal favorites.

I remember being a kid and being so terrified of the rapture. It was a bad word for me. I was so certain that the devil would come in his red jumpsuit with a red pitchfork and carry me off to hell kicking and screaming.

I have such a vivid imagination.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm a believer, but I do NOT believe in the "end of times" theories. I believe the earth will last as long as we let it - until we use it up or destroy it in war, but I don't believe in Satan, or an AntiChrist, or that God has any plan to destroy this world - any harm done to it will be our own doing.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 5:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Let me just say this, "We are closer now than we have ever been. Tomorrow we will be even closer. We dont know when it will happen but we should be ready. We shouldnt panic about it though. The only reason people panic is because they are not ready. I for one am ready so I hope he comes tomorrow but I wouldnt mind if he didnt." I hope I dont offend anyone this was just my opinion and it came from my heart.
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would think believers would be rejoicing about the end of times, no?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I just thought that the rapture would be for Xtians anyway and that their ideas of hell are all the fun stuff that I do anyway..

Wonderful sins like gluttony, sloth, and lust will abound!

Why would I want to leave?

LOL
    ozarkgirl3

Answer by ozarkgirl3 at 5:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You havent found true happiness in the gluttony sloth and lust. You will never know the peace and happiness that comes along with the following of Jesus Christ
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:55 PM on May. 14, 2009