What is the role of the wife according to the Bible?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:21 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• The wife is to be a helpmeet, a keeper of the home. Proverbs 31 and also many verses in the New Testament speak of it. Titus, and some others that arent coming to mind as quickly as I'd like. A man and wife are to be equal partners, though the husband is the head of the household, just as Christ is the head of the church. That doesnt mean thumb on the head type possessiveness. It means the husband is the spiritual head and guides his family in the right way. How each household is run other than that is up to each couple. For example, I am preparing to go to college so that once I get started on my career my husband can stay at home. He may have a part time job or work on something else, but for us, he is needed more to take care of our son now that he is older. This could be a huge discussion. the role of a wife is huge. : )
    duckigrrl

Answer by duckigrrl at 6:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• read proverbs 31 it gives the basic idea
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• This is a great website please go visit it and it will help alot.. God bless

http://www.wedding-references.com/bible.htm
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:08 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Also here are some bible verses http://www.scripturemenu.com/BibleVerseList.html?topicid=75
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:11 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I personally think it doesn't matter.
    Anonymous

• anon 6:26 yes it does matter because on judgement day will be be counted for all we have done according to the bible

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 6:30 PM on May. 14, 2009