I sometimes receive emails regarding my desire to adopt, some feel that I should get a surrogate others feel that I should foster and some feel that being open to race is wrong.
1. Open adoption does not scare me- I have no problems with visits, pictures, emails, photos, I think it is wonderful and the least I can do in return for what she has given me.
2. I want my child to have a relationship with his or her siblings if any
3. I am open to race, gender
4. I will tell my child they are adopted and that they have 2 mothers ( unless my forevermom wishes me not too)
5. My child will never be called adopted, My child is my child and will be treated as such!
6. I hate the term birthmom, first mom. They are more than that ( to me)
7. I want to have a relationship, a bond with my forever mom
8. I had a childhood friend who is a forever mom and was with her through the entire process an she has a bond with the parents
No I don't. I am sure that you have your reasons and it is your life and you have to live it. You make the best decision for you and your family based on what is best for all of you. Don't worry about others and what they think, people are always going to pass judgment on things they don't understand or aren't in line with their philosophies.
Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:26 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by lovinallofthem at 6:02 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by dngoodwin73 at 6:46 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by mcginnisc at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by Iamgr8teful at 11:20 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by Anonymous at 11:27 PM on May. 14, 2009
Answer by almostcrazee at 8:39 AM on May. 15, 2009
Answer by Mummytomore at 2:33 PM on May. 15, 2009
Answer by Bryn1020 at 2:23 PM on May. 16, 2009
Answer by MB80sGirl at 7:24 PM on May. 19, 2009