Tell me if I should be mad or not...

My husband is working 7 days a week, from 10:30-6 or 7 in the evening. Then a guy calls him up 2 hours before he gets off work saying they need to do band practice right after work, even though they don't have an entire band; that's beggining to happen 3-4 nights a week. That goes until 10 pm because that's when the studio they practice at closes. They play and they drink, then they want to go out the bar and play at the bar or he goes to karaoke to see if he's gonna work or not for 10-20 bucks and drinks half or all of it away. While I am a stay at home wife; which I love to do, don't get me wrong. I asked him to come straight home right after work for only an hour and a half and then go do what ever it is he wants, so I can get that small break. His solution is for me to, "Just get a job." He evens let me forget that it was Mothers Day! We don't have any connection to the "outside world", so I had no reminders or-.....cont..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:28 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Cont....,
    anything! All I got from him was a kiss and a "By the way, Happy Mothers Day." from him. Last night I asked him were you ever even thinking about doing any kind of celebration for me?? He had to think about that for a moment and he says, "Well, yea....I was gonna suprise you." Then I ask him with what? What were you gonna surprise me with? "....."Well, uhm.....like a dinner or something." Now I wouldn't mind this kinda crap happening 5 or 10 years down the road, but when our first kid is only over a year old?! Am I being irrational?? Immature?? Selfish??
    Anonymous

• thats ridiuclous. i would be furious if i were you! he needs to step it up and be a father. he needs to realize that things are not just about him anymore. they are about you and the kids. he needs to put them and you before him.
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• no way are you being immature or selfish! your SO is. he needs to grow up if you ask me....not to be rude or anything. im just stating my honest opinion and i am a very blunt person. he needs to realize that things are not about him anymore. he has a family to take care of. he cant expect you to do everything. and you need a break! especially on mothers day! thats ridiculous
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 5:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• No way. That is rude of him. Moms deserve better than that.
    IzzeAddy

Answer by IzzeAddy at 6:30 PM on May. 14, 2009