Does your dh ever make you feel like crap? :(

I feel so hurt right now (my feelings that is) I don't even know what the heck happened my dh and I were talking and all of a sudden he started yelling at me bc I brought up something he did in the past....He just started to yell and made me feel really bad usually when I get so mad I start to tear up and eventually start to cry. (I hate that of me, but I can not control that) I try but that is the only thing I can do. I was so upset I just wanted him to leave but I did not say nothing I walked off and pretend like nothing happened. But still my feelings are hurt I know I have to get over it but it is the principle of it. He is the type of a guy who you would call a Hard Ass it is good in away bc he needs to be one at his job, but not at me :(
I am a very sensitive kind of girl but I can't seem to get a backbone (I am weak and spineless, I hate confrontations) atleast this is what I have heard of me. Thanks for listening. :(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:41 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• I understand your feelings are hurt, but it is obvious that you hit a cord with him, perhaps you hurt his feelings and instead of tearing up like you do, he screamed. My husband is the same way, and it only took me about six months before I realized to just not bring up old things in our relationship. He doesn't do that to me and I give him the same respect. Just toughen up the lip girl, and apologize to him.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Never in 15 years.
    Has he always been like this or is it a new behavior? Could his anger be covering for another issue? I strongly urge you to start couples counseling, either with a clergyperson or therapist; if he won't go, then you need to go alone. No one should have so much power over another person that they can cause this strong reaction; something is definitely out of whack.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:45 PM on May. 14, 2009