How long did you wait to tak your LO out in public?

We went to Easter at my folks house when DD was a week old.

MamaK88

Asked by MamaK88 at 5:42 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• We had to go to her first doctor's appointment when she was about five days old. I was SO nervous, oh my goodness. My mom had to come with me. We took her out to Wal-Mart and McDonald's when she was ten days old, that was her first real "outing".
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• What is an LO? Just curious...
    Anonymous

• Little One.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 5:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• She was two weeks and we went to church. Technically she went out before then because I was a single mom and full time college student, so when she was a week old we had to load her up in the car and she rode up to my college because my mom had to give me a ride to class (I wasn't allowed to drive yet) and I took her in to show my class really quickly and nurse her in the restroom. Other than that, we waited until she was 2 weeks because it was flu season in Michigan.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 5:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• One week and we went to dinner with our entire family. I got some gasps from some older women in the bathroom who asked me how old she was. DH was home on leave from Iraq and I wasn't going to be wasting any time sitting around the house.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 5:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Less than a week. He was born on May 30th, had first doctors appointment on June 3rd, which was I think two days after we got home. Then a few days later we all went to Babies R Us.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 5:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• he spent first week in nicu, had docs appt 2 days later, then we went out a few days after that.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 6:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• About A 2Weeks ...I had to go to the store,
    LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 6:17 PM on May. 14, 2009

• all 3 were about 4 or 5 days old..all 3 first trips were to wally world..lol.. i see alot of newborns first trips are to walmart.lol
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 9:03 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I had my third child around eleven at night, I left the hospital the next day with him around noon and had to go straight to wal-mart because we were not at all prepared for his arrival ,due to extreme procrastination. So his first outing, he was about thirteen hours old. At the time I thought nothing of it, looking at it now that sounds horrible!
    mdb81

Answer by mdb81 at 1:18 AM on May. 15, 2009