medicaid question

is regular medicaid different than pregnancy medicaid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:46 PM on May. 14, 2009 in General Parenting

• i know here there are differences, but i dont know much about it because right now i am still under medicaid from when i had my daughter. i will know more when i go back in July. Sorry I am not much help.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 5:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Where I live, it is the same program, there are just different qualifications. If you are pregnant, you have higher income levels so it is easier to qualify. From what I have read, you have to enroll in WIC as well (if you qualify).
    funnyface1204

Answer by funnyface1204 at 5:52 PM on May. 14, 2009

• here you don't have to sign up for WIC. however, you can get WIC without medicaid.
    aly38914290

Answer by aly38914290 at 5:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You're pregnancy is covered. Anything having to do with your pregnancy will be covered.

If you have to go to the doctor for bronchitis or something, it's not covered.
    Anonymous

• It is the same program, just medicaid is pretty much automatic if you are pregnant. ANYTHING is covered, pregnancy or otherwise. You do NOT have to sign up for WIC to get medicaid.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:10 PM on May. 14, 2009