New activities

My son is going to be 2 in August. I can't really find any activities he likes to do. I play cars, color, and read to him but he get's bored to easy. He likes to play outside but I live in Arizona and sometimes it's just too hot. Does anyone have some ideas of new activities I can try with him.

moniluvsmarcus

Asked by moniluvsmarcus at 5:53 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• make a playhouse out of a big cardboard box; play with duplos (big legos), alphabet blocks, homemade playdough; listen to music and dance; play indoor basketball with a bucket/laundry basket and some nerf balls; pretend cooking, cleaning house (my son loved to walk around the house with a spray bottle filled with water and a washcloth pretending he was cleaning up, he'd "wash" the windows and the furniture)
    a good resource is the book "Unplugged Play"
    asyoulikeit

Answer by asyoulikeit at 6:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Make some jello, pour it into a shallow pan to gel. Then cut it into little cubes and let him play with it.
    Fill the bottom of a shallow pan with rice or split peas, give him a couple of measuring cups, let him play.
    Other ideas - crayons, playdoh, paints.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 5:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• try taking hime to the park or go on a walk with him my daughter loves to paly in the swimming pool if you dont have a swimming pool try buying a blown up one and try to put it in a place when the sun shines but also where there is shade also
    MarissaDavis29

Answer by MarissaDavis29 at 6:05 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Make clay or playdough
    go to your local library; not only can you get books, but they will likely have children's activites
    cook or bake; there are wonderul kids cookbooks, I love one called Pretend Soup
    Do you have public transit where you live? kids love to ride on trains and buses

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on May. 14, 2009