Water Choices - Help!

Moms,
How do you decide what to do for water? Do you like bottled water, filters, pitchers, refrigerator units? What brands do you recommend? Where should I buy it - online or in the store?
Help!

Gourmandier

Asked by Gourmandier at 5:55 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Just use a filter
    annamcg18

Answer by annamcg18 at 5:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Depends if you live near city water or well water. If its well water then you buy the nursery water or rent a water cooler. You can do any water you want, we rented one for $30 a month and got 4 huge water jugs a month.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:19 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think the best bang for the buck is an under-sick mounted filter system on your kitchen sink. Then you're using it for drinking, cooking rice, boiling your pasta and for your dog bowl and (for us) the fish tank.

They're a little pricy, but I think you save in the long run.

I'm not a fan of plastic bottled water. If you need a LOT, you're opening 4,000 bottles and creating an ecological nightmare. It's far more ecologically minded and economically minded to refill a "personal hydration container" ('scuse me while I giggle at that).
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I like to use filters you put on your sink and Brita water thing you put in the fridge
    Anonymous

• I buy my kids the fluoridated bottled water, I drink tap water
    BIZZ-E-MOM

Answer by BIZZ-E-MOM at 9:02 PM on May. 14, 2009

• We drink bottled water, Ice Mountain to be exact. It's $4 a case at Walmart and Woodman's (a local grocery store).

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• We drink tap mostly, but we used to rent a cooler for about $30 a month and we got 5 or 6 of the 5 gallon bottles each month. We used that just for drinking though, not cooking. For bottled water I like Fiji, or there's one in a glass bottle but I don't remember the name of it.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Filter...we use Brita
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 11:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• we have the faucet mount filter. pitcher takes up too much space in fridge
    Liz0808

Answer by Liz0808 at 3:19 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I'm trying to figure out which to buy. Are any better than the others? Are they all the same?
    Gourmandier

Answer by Gourmandier at 8:19 AM on May. 15, 2009