Help I'm getting older!!!

Yes, I've hit my forties!!! If my fertility hasn't already whithered away, I don't have time for a baby, (let alone myself). As I look back, life was hard and I made some very wise decisions. But (but, but, but), I can't help thinking that I still want to create babies, and more babies, and more babies, and more babies. I have a teen daughter (my only child) who's grown up to be a perfect lady.

My head says NO, but my heart... well, needs to be straightened out! How can I get back into reality that having children in my time of life, as well as my busy schedule, is not a good decision? How do I stop from freaking out about my fertility?

Serious and sincere answers only, please!

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• You will be a grandmother before you know it. Depending on how old your daughter is. Maybe look into babysitting for your baby fix. Starting over is always hard but it can be done at any age if you think and feel you want another one. Best of luck to you in whatever you do decide. But one day you will have grandkids to enjoy.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mother always says that grandchildren are your reward for not killing your children. Even though I am only 27 and have no idea what you must be going through, I would imagine that your daughter, if she hasn't already is going to be getting married and having a family of her own. You are going to be able to get all of the enjoyment out of the baby without all the work that goes into it. Do you really want to be dealing with PTAs and doing fundraisers in your fifties? It sounds like you have been a wonderful mother that has given your all to your daughter. Now it is time for you. Enjoy your life! You dont have the same responsibilities that you use to and now you can do all the things you might have been putting off. Traveling, and taking that class, or really getting into your hobby.

2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I am serious here...Get a small dog.

Answer by louise2 at 6:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Have you considered fostering?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I was thinking adoption...so many children need a mom that will love them!
    TeaAnderson

Answer by TeaAnderson at 9:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm almost 45, and I went through this about 4-5 years ago, I have my tubes tied, but I researched tubal ligation reversal. We were seriously talking about it, then a friend of the family had a baby boy, she needed a full time sitter, so we took him, he was 3 months old when we got him, and he'll be 3 in August now. He's great, he feels like ours. We love him like our own.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 12:35 AM on May. 15, 2009