What's the best thing your mom taught you about being a woman?

What's the most important thing about being a woman that you want to pass down to your daughter?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:19 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That you can do anything you want and you don't need a man to complete you. Be who you are, stand for what you believe in and never back down to a challenge. If someone gives you lemons then make lemonade and if a man gives you shit then bust his balls and let him know you wont take his shit.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• well its not about being a woman, but about life. she always told me not to care what people thought and to this day i dont
    kelsey.evans08

Answer by kelsey.evans08 at 6:21 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mom taught me that being a women doesn't mean being a victim.
    Avarah

Answer by Avarah at 6:22 PM on May. 14, 2009

• She lived in 2 abusive relationships that spanned almost 20 years. What I was taught was by seeing not her telling. Never, ever stay with any man who hits you, degrades you lies, cheats or drinks like a fish.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mom was the worst mom and from that i have learned what not to do as a parent....still working on learning the best way to be a good mom though. Not sure if I am doing it right but I at least know what not to do I suppose. I don't have much confidence in my parenting abilities
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 6:44 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I lived the same type life worriedmommy660..... I learned from her screw-ups/mistakes really well.... I definately tripped & fell a few times, but, totally put me back together..... My greatest fear was "Becoming Her".... I have my beliefs, morals, thoughts, likes/dislikes as anyone else, but, the one thing was that I never wanted my children to be ashamed of me in any way..... I have accomplished this.... This is all I need to know from my kids.... Take Care, Donna....
    dobrd

Answer by dobrd at 7:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mom tried to teach me that women are submissive, that they answer to their husbands, that they are only suited for secretarial work or teaching. Nothing there I'd want to pass on even if I did have a daughter.

What she taught me about being a mom is basically just not to do anything she did.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My mother had nothing to do with how I turned out. She didn't raise me.
    Anonymous

• my mom abandoned me when I was little so she never taught me anything...but today I found out im having a girl!! I plan on teaching her how to respect herself and not care what other people think about her because she beautiful no matter what!
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I am amazed there are other mothers out there that feel the same as I do. My mother taught me nothing. I try to be the complete opposite. She showed me what I shouldnt do. She was not loving, treated my dad like crap and was frivolous with money. She blew a $17,000 settlement in a day. Then asked me to borrow $1000 for the homeowners insurance that was due.
    Anonymous