What is your opinion on travel?

Ok, my little girl is a week and 4 days old. We are planning on going to my sisters graduation two hours away tomorrow. What is your opinion on this choice?

Lilglowy

Asked by Lilglowy at 6:27 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think its easier at this age b/c she'll just sleep the whole way. Make sure you feed her right before you leave so her tummy will stay full the entire trip.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 6:29 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I think it is the best time to travel with a baby. They sleep most of the time anyway. I would make sure to check her breathing several times during the trip. There are some new studies out that say that babies can suffocate in a carseat if they are in it for a long time, that is why they suggest not letting a baby sleep in a carseat at home. So just make sure to check her frequently.And schedule extra time for stops, you never know if she will be hungry or have a poopy diaper.
    Good luck and congrats to your sister.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 6:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yep feed her and change her diaper and she should crash out and be good to go.
    Rebeccaroe

Answer by Rebeccaroe at 6:31 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It's fine...You might be stopping a lot to feed and change diapers.

Answer by louise2 at 6:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Have fun and congratulations to your sister.

I'm not sure I understand why it's even a question to be honest. Life doesn't stop just because you've had a baby.

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 7:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It's fine, just remember you are gonna have to feed her a lot, and if you breastfeed make sure you are prepared to do it in public, some people have a hard time doing that.
    truealaskanmom

Answer by truealaskanmom at 7:47 PM on May. 14, 2009