does anyone else have a child that TALKS ALL THE TIME?

My child is 6 and she just talks ans talks like there is never an end. I love her but my head just starts spinning sometimes.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:31 PM on May. 14, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• LOL, my daughter is only 2 1/2 and she never stops. It gets crazy sometimes because my son is trying to get a word in and I can never have a conversation with my husband. Maybe it's a girl thing!
    jasey929

Answer by jasey929 at 6:35 PM on May. 14, 2009

• OH MY GOODNESS YES!! My daughter NEVER shuts up! If you don't talk back she'll just talk to herself all up in my ears in her high pitch voice. Her talking gives me nightmares lol!!
    Deidra08

Answer by Deidra08 at 6:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Lol. I felt bad that she kid of gets to me with it sometimes. She just is always behind me talking. I try to focus on getting my work done and that doesn't stop her.
    Anonymous

• God, yes.
    MomEveryDay

Answer by MomEveryDay at 7:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, my seven year ds makes my head hurt. He really goes on and on and on... he talks so much he doesn't get anything else done. I love him and a lot of what he says is very insightful but some days it makes me SO tired!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 7:14 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Our 5 year old does. It's especially bad at dinner - he's got an audience of 3 people and blah blah blah blah blah LOL
    Anonymous

• All 3 of my kids have adhd and though my older 2 are no longer hyper they still talk a lot. My youngest who is 11 talks non-stop from the time he gets up in the morning until the time he goes to bed. I am pretty god at tuning him out when he goes on & on & on about something and as long as I make appropriate hmmm hmmms every now & then, he doesn't even notice. There are those days though that I want to throw myself in front of a speeding locomotive & I end up with a migraine! I have him with me at home all day because he does school online, so I never get a break! My other 2 mellowed out around the age of 13 (due to hormones), so hopefully I only have a couple more years to go! Good Luck!
    bookworm65

Answer by bookworm65 at 8:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Mine started talking at 7.5 months; 13 years later and she hasn't stopped. Sometimes I hear her talking in her sleep.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Good to know I'm not the only one with a motor mouth child. My daughter is 4, we cannot even listen to the music in the car b'cause she's just talking, talking, and talking. If my other child tries to talk she'll talk over him. But I LOVE HER.
    COOKY81

Answer by COOKY81 at 8:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• YEEEEEEEEEEESSS!! My stepson is 6 and he NEVER stops talking. It can be SO annoying - especially in the car. He's old enough now that I can't pretend to listen either because he'll call me out on it! It's gotten to the point where I tell him that I need a break from talking and ask him to play quietly for a while, I feel bad sometimes but he doesn't seem to get upset by it...plus he just goes into the next room and talks to himself!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 9:56 PM on May. 14, 2009