Ever feel like you're alone in a relationship?

Even though you're constantly together in the same room, and see eachother time, there isn't much interaction and you say...at most, ten words to eachother the entire day. And when you try to get your spouse to do something with you it becomes a huge fight and you constantly feel like you're forcing him to spend time with YOU and focus their attention on YOU for more than ten minutes?

That's how I feel. And I don't know what to do about it anymore. My counselor says leave him. Everyone says leave him. But I still love him. And I still want things to work out. I just don't know if they will.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:40 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Relationships

• Your counselor said leave him? Is it your personal counselor or your marriage counselor telling you this? Have you tried marriage/SO counseling?
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 6:42 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It's my personal counselor. She didn't exactly say to leave him. She just said prepare myself in case things don't work out. I could tell in her tone of voice whenever I bring him up she doesn't seem confident that our marriage will last. ANd we have been to couples therapy but he wasn't much help.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 6:47 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Some times love has nothing to do with it...He is not your friend it sounds like. Being friends with your SO/DH. Is one of the most important things about a relationship.

Answer by louise2 at 6:48 PM on May. 14, 2009

• How does he feel about you? Does he still love you? I think you need to determine whether or not these problems are mutual.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 7:06 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I know he loves me. I just don't think he can stand me much longer because I constantly feel like he's not giving me enough attention. And I'm not saying he needs to focus his attention 100% on me 24/7 or anything. But more than what he is giving me now would be nice. Taking a walk or a trip to the park with me and my daughter would be nice! Turning off the computer and watching a movie together and SNUGGLING would be nice! Having dinner together would be nice. Is that too much to ask? Apparently to him it is because he bitches about everytime I bring it up! If he can devote TWELVE F-ING HOURS to an F-ING VIDEO GAME WHY THE HELL CAN'T HE DEVOTE SOME TIME TO ME? And yes I am just a little bit pissed off about it. In case you couldn't tell.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You know that song by Amy Crack-house? I mean Winehouse? Wake Up Alone. THAT IS MY RELATIONSHIP...technically.
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Instead of complaining about it to him, try to join him in something that HE likes, even if you don't. Play a video game with him, watch a movie HE wants to watch, and so on. Rekindle a friendship with him.

I consider my husband my best friend and he considers me his. We talk all the time about everything.

As for feeling alone, yes, but that's because he's not always home.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 7:23 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I've done all that! WHEN IS IT HIS FUCKING TURN TO TRY?
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm glad you and your husband have a great relationship and you're willing to do whatever he wants, but here I expect a give and take relationship. And I feel like I'm constantly giving and he's never giving back!
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 7:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Then accept that as life with him and work around it. It's not easy. I tried and I finally had to give up and left. I feel less lonely living alone! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 7:54 PM on May. 14, 2009