extreme constipation in pregnancy

ok this is gross but im pregnant and i am soooo constipated.i feel like i have to take the biggest crap ever but when i go to the toilet nothing wants to come out and i dont wanna push too hard because i already busted some hemorrhoids.any1 go through this its stressing me out and its so unncomfortable.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:50 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Poor thing. How far along are you? I was like this a lot in the first trimester. I remember one night when I was in tears to my husband because I didn't know what to do, lol. I started crying and he was like..."What's wrong?!" and I was like "I can't poop and I keep getting hungry and everything goes in and nothing comes out!", lol.He bought me some Metamucil, which is safe to take. I only took a little and ate some dried prunes and an apple, and it worked. It was actually hilarious...I thought I had a hemerrhoid too, so I told him to go to the store. We were also almost out of toilet paper.He was like "Ok, so you want me to go to the store...and get hemmerhoid ointment, laxatives, and toilet paper? I guess I'll buy some gum or something too". LMAO...poor guy. ANYWAYS... try to avoid starchy foods and a lot of breads and sugars. They make it worse. It may feel like you'll never get unconstipated, but eventually, you'll poop.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It sounds nasty but drink sea salt water. Chug it and you will poop or you can give yourself and enema.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 6:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I'm going through it! It's horrible. I would so much rather have diarrhea!!
    ABryn1011

Answer by ABryn1011 at 6:52 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Just don't push too hard, you might pop out a baby.
    Just kidding.
    Drink plenty of water, and try some natural fiber supplements. Fruit would actually work best.
    Anonymous

• colace...pregnancy safe laxative..my doc told me to take iron pills but those plug you up so he told me to take colace
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 8:16 PM on May. 14, 2009