I have a question

I read on here about cracked nipples.....it sounds so painful I want to try and avoid it. My Mom says use lotion. Id there a certain type of lotion I can or should use? Any dangerous ones? I'm almost 12 weeks pregnant.

heathertilton08

Asked by heathertilton08 at 7:10 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Use lanolin and not very much of it is needed.

Anonymous

• Oh and it's also safe for baby if you breastfeed.

Anonymous

• use lanolin and not very much is needed
    dayi21

Answer by dayi21 at 7:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• If you plan to breastfeed you need to use special stuff thats safe for baby like lanolin...dont use and petrolium products (I was told that specifically)
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 7:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• oh theres these really neat things too called 'soothies' theyre like stick on thingys that have some sort of soothing agent on them and you just stick em on when youre done nursing. theyre a thing of beauty.
    disheveled

Answer by disheveled at 7:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Lanolin...After having the baby ask the hospital if they have a free trial size. They did at my hospital and that's all that I needed.
    Anonymous

• Oh, also after you're done nursing rub some of your milk around your nipples...I know that sounds gross, but it's supposed to help.
    Anonymous