do you ever get mad at your kids

when they cry alot

dayi21

Asked by dayi21 at 7:13 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sometimes
    dayi21

Answer by dayi21 at 7:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Mad no, frustrated yes
    a_and_j_momma

Answer by a_and_j_momma at 7:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yeah sometimes. If there is a reason for it, I totally get it. But if you're crying just to act an ass, nope, not my favorite thing.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 7:15 PM on May. 14, 2009

• No. I try not to add more drama too the situation - if that makes sense.

My son can get upset if I take something away from him and have a goood cry. Instead of getting mad I just sit and be there for him until hes gotten over it. Think its good for him to get it out and afterwards he gives me a hug and moves on and plays.
    keyaziz

Answer by keyaziz at 7:18 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It depends. My son has developed a bad habit of crying to make people feel sorry for him. The other day I told him he couldn't have another piece of cake at the family gathering. He started crying and my mother in law laid into me about it. He didn't get his cake, he got to leave the party with me. He is 7. When he is hurt or sad or scared, no I am not mad when he cries. My daughter, 15 months, will cry in an effort to communicate still so I can't get mad there.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 7:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• When they are babies? Um, no. I don't get mad. I do get frustrated, though. Why would you get mad? They don't do this to piss you off. But it can be extremely frustrating and tiring!
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 9:54 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My 10 month old cries when she can't get her way...it's very annoying, but I tune it out. When she sees that I won't give in to her tears, she'll stop crying...lol
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 10:16 PM on May. 14, 2009