Does anyone actually think that women wearing pants are bad?

I was watching Wife Swap, and one of the women had taught her daughters that you "aren't a lady if you wear pants".

The other wife (who was a rocker chick) asked, "So you don't think I'm a lady?"

And the little girls shook their head 'no'.

Now every time I see a woman or group of women out in public wearing skirts, I'm scared they'll think I'm a whore or something because I choose to wear pants.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:23 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Oh dear...nope Im not of that mindset. Wear pants or skirts you are still a lady.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 7:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have seen lots around our area. To each their own....I dont think they really care about what we do, they know mainstream public wears pants....they are use to it.....its just their choice of dress.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yep...skirts are more woman like

my husband prefers me in skirts...
    Anonymous

• The christian handbook says believers aren't supposed to wear them.

Personally, I live in jeans. Anywhere I can't go in in jeans, I just don't go. But I'm definitely not much of a lady. :O)
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 7:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Because men are hogs and perverts, women are made to suffer for it.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• My brother in laws family is like that. to each there own.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 7:37 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I might be going on a limb but I am sure my husband prefers me in a skirt and my one coworker who is an older gentlemen has said he thinks woman look nicer in skirts and dress slacks...
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 7:38 PM on May. 14, 2009

• So what about those of us who have a wardrobe of pants and skirts? I think they're both great depending on the weather and what I'm doing.

You can't go around thinking every last skirt-wearing woman only wears skirts her whole life. Nor is it healthy to be that concerned with how strangers view your wardrobe.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 7:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• oh please...i don't ever wear skirts or dresses...who cares... i wear capris and taht's about it...big deal. People need to pull their head out of the sand....

**my husband prefers me in skirts... **

I don't care what my husband prefers, he likes me in anything....and I wear whats comfy...
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 7:50 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I actually have an anxiety disorder that makes me sorta paranoid of strangers :D I would be more confident in myself if I could be, of course.

I think some of it is a religious thing. There's nothing wrong with wearing skirts because of religious convictions, or just because you prefer them.

But this woman on Wife Swap flat out refused to wear pants. At all.
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:52 PM on May. 14, 2009