how do you clean your house

i feel like im always doing the sme thing 10x a day and i can never get the house to the standard of cleaning that i would prefer.....
a 2 and half year old plus a long haired, shedding cat dont help ...lol....
do you make lists for yourself for the day/week? or just walk around diong spot treatments or what? do you do one room a day or do the floors monday...dusting tuesday etc etc. hwo do you organize your cleaning because i just cant seem to get the house as clean as i want and i think i need a new system

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 7:24 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• You sound like me, my house is NEVER as clean as I would like it....I am doing the same thing everyday....like groundhog day....lol

I dont know how these neat freaks do it.....I like to do other things too sometimes....;)
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 7:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It's easier when you have know kids.Or your kids are grown.

Answer by louise2 at 7:28 PM on May. 14, 2009

• yea she likes to try to help..but at her age she cnt really help out too much yet and makes tons of messes
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 7:29 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I set my kitchen timer for one hour every day. It doesn't sound like a long time, but I make the kids entertain themselves and I make myself clean for that whole hour. It is long enough to vacuum the entire house, do a load of dishes, fold a load of laundry, scrub the toilets, sweep the floors, take out the trash, and then do a couple little chores like scrub the tub or mop the kitchen. I do the "couple other chores" depending on what is needed. By the end of the week, I've generally always handled everything major that needs done in a week.

I hate to clean, but I find that if I make myself keep up doing the one hour every day, my house is always 'clean enough' and I get a good little workout in from being moving that much in one hour.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 7:33 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You're supposed to clean the house?!?!? Oh!

Seriously, I know what you mean. I am so sick of folding and putting away laundry. Mopping floors is my next least favorite simply because it makes the house so muggy.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 8:05 PM on May. 14, 2009

• No one was ever killed by a dust bunny.
    I clean one room a day. I through in a load of laundry ever day or every other day.
    I do clean the sink and stove every night and make sure someone gets the dirty dishes into the dishwasher.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Well it sounds like you are on the right track, but even if I have a schedule to go by something else comes up and again I have to take a detour and attend to what ever came up.

I think it's a mom thing. We just can't catch up....I am bushed just thinking and typing this...Phew!

GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:05 AM on May. 15, 2009

• I make sure the "little stuff" is done every day - dishes, surfaces in the kitchen, clothes where they need to be, beds made, children bathed, (hey they're one more thing that has to be washed - like the spoons!) But I try to do one "big thing" a night. Yesterday, I cleaned the bathroom. Tonite, I'll run a vacuum through the LR and kids rooms.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 12:27 PM on May. 15, 2009

• I clean my entire house everyday top to bottom. For me making a list actually helps. The upstairs always comes first; bathroom (bleech it, etc.), the all 3 bedrooms (sweap/mop, make beds, etc.), and then collect all the laundry which gets thrown out in to the hall after I sweap/mop that. Then it's down stairs; Livingroom/Dinning room (vacum, dust, etc.) and last kitchen (dishes, bleech, sweap/mop). And Last thing on my list I do atleast 2-3 loads of laundry a day. My goal is to get done with everything by noon. This way we have time for a nap after lunch, and get to go out n' do fun stuff in the afternoon.
    ShiningStar24

Answer by ShiningStar24 at 3:13 AM on May. 18, 2009