clotheslines anyone?

Just curious do any of you line dry your clothes? I was just on google and looking to buy a clothesline and this site came up. Some states out law line drying your clothes, really is this true? I just thought with prices rising on everything and energy out of control, I thought I would do my part. But, I don't want to get in trouble for doing it. lol

mommarykaje

Asked by mommarykaje at 7:44 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Wow.... Thank you for the idea!!  I hadn't even thought about doing that this year. I used to dry my sheets, blankets, and towels on a line at my old house. I'm sure its not illegal around here (north Georgia) so I may just put a little one out in the back yard this summer. I love the smell of line dried stuff!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 7:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would if I lived in a safer neighborhood. I live on the main street of my city (it's literally Main St., lmao) and a lot of people come by our apartment building. It's a four-apartment house with a parking lot in the back. There's a clothesline out back, but I'm afraid that someone will steal whatever I put there. I'd have to sit there and make sure nobody took it O.O
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:46 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I do, except in the winter. I won't traipse in the snow to dry clothes. I hung some towels out today but the wind blew most of them off. arggggg. When I was growing up we didn't have a dryer, so all of our clothes were hung on a line. As for it being illegal.... I've never heard of that.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 7:49 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I would if I had one. I used to use my neighbors. I love clotheslines!!!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 7:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I do,but you end up having to iron,and I don't do ironing!
    TMJ121099

Answer by TMJ121099 at 7:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I dont' think I'd ever do that. I have a big bug phobia and would hate nasty bugs on my clothes or birds pooping on them, etc
    Anonymous

• Why on Earth would it be illegal to line dry your clothes?
    Anonymous

• not sure, saw it on tree hugger. not sure why i was there either. don't consider myself a tree hugger. I like them but, no hugging:0) lol , from what i got you can't line dry in california. but, don't they have the most energy issues
    mommarykaje

Answer by mommarykaje at 8:31 PM on May. 14, 2009