can you still breast feed if you are still sick?

i have broncitis can i still breast feed my one year old or will she get it too? please help

mmkidder88

Asked by mmkidder88 at 8:05 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• Absolutely! In fact, it is the best possible thing you can do for your baby. You're making antibodies to the illness, which then are in your milk, and that offers her protection from the illness that you have. She is more likely to get sick (or get it worse) if you do not nurse her. Please check out this link for more information on nursing while sick (and the immunity benefits are there regardless of the age of your baby.)

Collinsky

Answer by Collinsky at 8:12 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I agree with Collinsky God bless you and I hope you get well soon! Being sick is no fun.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 8:20 PM on May. 14, 2009