I asked this before but didn't get many answers....

My 40th birthday is coming up, I'll be 7 months pregnant and need some thoughts to tell my hubby how I would like to spend the day/evening. I'd like it to be truly memorable something I'll remember for the rest of my life but it can't be expensive (I was laid off in February, but got a job offer today, YIPPEE). I live in NM so while an outdoor thing would be okay I'm already HOT, HOT, HOT. Nothing is coming to my mind that isn't a: expensive or b: not memorable, i.e. day at the ball park, bbq with friends, etc... THANKS

finallyamom40

Asked by finallyamom40 at 8:06 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm in NM, as well. Albuquerque
    Anonymous

• Well, I could think of lots of fun ways to celebrate, but nothing while pregnant. I would almost hold the party off until after the baby is born.
    Anonymous

• To Anonymous I'm not going to hold the party off just because I'm pregnant, I don't drink anyway so there is no reason not to celebrate!
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:32 PM on May. 14, 2009

• How long has it been since you've been to the movies? My idea is to make it a date day with your hubby. Have him pick you up like he would if you were still dating. (hopefully he doesn' t have to be sneaky and climp up to a second story window... lol) And, ok I know you're preggy, but pretend that you are on a date. Well at least the movie theatre will have a/c. Whatever you do I just hope that you feel special. I think it's the way you feel that you will remember most. Have a great birthday!

saltycoqui

Answer by saltycoqui at 8:34 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Maybe have him cook you dinner instead of you doing it? Or find a family member or friend who would be willing to play "waiter" for the evening. And then all you have to do is make you kicthen or dining room feel like a resturant (light some candles, turn the lights out, play a romantic c.d.). And trust me, you can always get whatever you wanted to have cheaper at the store and cook it yourself then you EVER would at a resturant.
    -Ashley
    Just tell him to be sure not to get anything that says over the hill. lol
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 8:40 PM on May. 14, 2009

• how bout a day at the spa??
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:41 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Just wanted to say Congratulations! on your birthday and Congratulations! on your baby-to-be!
    zboys

Answer by zboys at 10:51 PM on May. 14, 2009

• you're pregnant at age 40? aren't you afraid the child will have birth defects?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on May. 15, 2009

• To Anonymous (who apparently isn't brave enough to ask this question with their name). NO I am not afraid my child will have birth defects. Are you afraid your child will?
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 5:54 PM on May. 15, 2009