vacuums?

I'm looking around for a new vacuum. price range is around 100-150 range....anyone have one in that price range that works good and you've had it a while?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:41 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I have a "Riccar" I wanted a Kirby but it was too expensive and heavy now the Riccar is not cheap but I was very impressed with how it actually does a very thorough job on vacuuming it goes underneath the carpet some how (just like the kirby) I paid 700.00.

I know you were looking for cheaper but sometimes you get what you paid for if you buy a cheapy now it will soon break and there you go buying another one before you know all that money you've spent you could have bought you a "Riccar" I would strongly recommend it.

I am not sure if it has to do with the carpet but when I vacuum you can actually see and feel the carpet very fluffy...I love it. GL

Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:10 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Whatever you do, don't buy a $2000 Kirby. We have one, it's a good vacuum, too expensive, and it's sort of heavy. I had a Hoover bag canister I liked, and a Dirt Devil that were around 100 that I liked. I always prefer bags over yucky dirty bagless ;)
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I had a Dirt Devil in that price range that worked pretty well. Not as well as the Dyson I have now, but pretty decent. I also once bought a used Kenmore canister & I still use it to vaccum our cars out (I bought it about 15 yrs ago for $40 at a used store...darn thing just wont quit!)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 1:56 AM on May. 15, 2009

• Kenmore!!!! Almost all of their models have scored very well by Consumer Reports magazine.
    jkt747

Answer by jkt747 at 2:04 AM on May. 15, 2009

• oh I agree on the Kirby,. My husband bought one (never vaccuums) and he says my Dyson was old and stopped working yet when they did the dirt test my carpets were clean. Hmmmm. Butt arse 60 scifi ugly , heavy and I hate it. LOL.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• We hated our Bissell.
    We had to stop every 5 minutes to unclog it, which meant undoing a couple screws, reaching deep into the tube with plyers, and pulling out whatever fibers and hair the vacuum picked up. I could understand if we vacuumed once a month, but we vacuum 3 days a week at least!
    We just bought a Eureka Altima for under $100 at Target and it works like a charm! It's regular price was just above $100, but it was on sale that week.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:57 AM on May. 19, 2009