7 more days...how do I survive?

Ok so I am currently 7 days away from delivery. They are going to induce me on the 21st and I am so excited! So here is my problem, I am counting down the minutes and I dont know how to survive. I mean 7 days is not very much in the whole scheme of thing but its an eternity for someone who has been on bedrest for the last 7 weeks. What can I do to pass the time? I mean how do I keep my mind off of the day I ahve been waiting for for almost 10 months? Help!!

Tages_Mom

Asked by Tages_Mom at 8:51 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Hang out on here =) thats what i do all day and it flys by lol
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:56 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Sleep, sleep, sleep! Every spare moment you have, sleep!!!! Because, for one, you won't get a wink of sleep for at least the first week til you figure your new baby out. And your body is gonna be hurting so bad and needing the rest. Also, they won't let you sleep at the hospital either. I got checked in to be induced at 4 pm and I was so excited that I couldn't get tired until about 2 am. Well, whenever I about fell asleep, the nurses kept coming in every 5 minutes to adjust the fetal monitors, bc my little girl kept moving to the back. I think I got a total of 1 hour of sleep that night...
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:57 PM on May. 14, 2009

• hang out on cafemom, look at baby things online , i was on bed rest since i was 5 months and it just seemed like time went so slow, so i know what you are going through.... just ask all us mommies other questions and stuff it should pass the time kinda fast..... and good luck and congrats
    Pooky_mommy

Answer by Pooky_mommy at 8:58 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Ahh I was going to tell you to go shopping or something, but you're on bedrest! I guess wait it out! Good luck!!!!!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Ya I am off of bedrest now. They took me off last week hoping that I would go on my own but I think he is in there wedged so he wont come out. He is rebelling! Oh, and I totally know about the no sleep thing, I have a 2 year old already so I know what thats like but I dont remember being this impatient when my first was on his way.
    Tages_Mom

Answer by Tages_Mom at 9:09 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Awwww....poor thing. I'm sure I'll be in your shoes soon enough. I'm only 5 months, and I ALREADY can't wait, lol. I suggest reading, watching TV, going on the internet and different websites, etc. Just relax...there won't be much more of that soon. You now what else I think is a neat idea? I always thought it would be cool to wrote some pages out in a journal (letters actually) to your unborn baby, and to give them to them one day when they're an adult. I think it would be neat to receive a letter from my mom from before I was even born. Just an idea, though. Hope the time flies by, and that your delivery goes as well as possible! :)
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:23 PM on May. 14, 2009

• why are you getting induced? are you way past your due date?
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:26 AM on May. 15, 2009

• GreekMama28~
    I am getting induced because I have been in preterm labor for the last 7 weeks. With the 2 rounds of steroid shots we got they dont want him to get too big before he comes out. We thought he was coming at 34 weeks...in the hospital for 4 hours with contractions 10 minutes apart and they never got closer and didnt change my cervix enough to stay. So they sent me home and they just eventually stopped being consistent and now its like he doesnt want to come at all. So they are gonna induce me at 39 weeks.
    Tages_Mom

Answer by Tages_Mom at 12:02 PM on May. 15, 2009