I'm starting to panic!

Ok .... so in the last week I gained 4 lbs, (65lbs throughout my entire pregnancy :(...)my blood pressure is 130 over 73, I was put on bed rest by the doctor today because I'm retaining too much fluid, my hand has been tingling for 2 weeks because of the fluid, and I have pain in my upper stomach under my ribs .... like I said I went to the doctors today and he seemed somewhat concerned, but not I looked up the symptoms for preeclampsia and those are all symptoms! ... I'm starting to panic, should I trust my doctor that I'll be ok if I take it easy? I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow...

kaylan010

Asked by kaylan010 at 9:02 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You will be ok... 130/73 is on the higher end but not considered high, he is putting you on bedrest to avoid that... you will be ok, just follow his instructions, you are almost there mama!!!! GL!!! p.s. remember to drink lots of fluids, preferably water!!!
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 9:07 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Yes, youll be fine just follow drs orders and everything will be fine ....yes i agree stick to your bottle of water and relax all will go well ....take care !!!
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 9:10 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I AM AN RN IN LABOR AND DELIVERY, YOUR BLOOD PRESSURE IS OK AND WHAT YOU ARE GOING THROUGH IS NORMAL, THEY ARE THE SIGNS FOR PREECPAMPSIA AND YES YOU ARE AT RISK IF YOU ARE HAVING THOSE SYMPTOMS BUT IF YOUR DOCTOR SAYS TAKE IT EASY THAT MEANS TAKE IT EASY, NO LIFTING NO CHARRING ANYTHING JUST SIT AROUND AND RELAX. THE MORE SLEEP THE BETTER RIGHT NOW, TRY TAKING SOME COOL SHOWERS AS WELL, BUT JUST LISTEN TO YOUR DOC. IF YOU GET REALLY WORRIED MAKE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT AND TALK TO YOUR DOC ABOUT IT
    Anonymous

• Dont stress out. That will just make things seem even worse. I have been at high risk for that the whole time i have been pregnant. Just relax and stasy in bed. Like anon said the more sleep the better. If you get to worryed about it then call your doctor and talk to him but he will most likley tell you that as long as you stay on bedrest that you will be fine.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 9:23 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Your gonna be fine. just lisnen to the dr. and research on how to make the situation "better" until its time :) and make sure if your dr gave you any signs on calling him, make sure you keep that in mind as well.
    I had Preeclampsia as well. my feet swelled up REALLY bad. My sis gets its really bad- if u poke her it will leave indintions for a long time!
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 9:25 PM on May. 14, 2009