Prayer vs. Spells

Why is it okay for Christian's to pray for non-Christians without their consent but it's not okay for Pagans/Wiccans/ etc to do spells for Christians without their consent? Espcially since we're not trying to convert we'd be trying to heal or send good energy their way.

paganmom05

Asked by paganmom05 at 9:13 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Do a lot of pagans do that?? I had no idea!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 9:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I don't really care what people do either way. Their prayers/spells/hoobity goobity doesn't affect my life. I see spells and prayers to be quite similair honestly, but I don't know much about pagan spells.

Oh and to answer your question: I think many people are scared and closed minded to others beliefs. The fact that anybody would do something to them which they don't believe in is frightening to them. I think if they fear something then it's probably because they have a small kernel of belief that what they are doing could possibly work/be true.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 9:17 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Well, I think that the wiccan religion is very much misunderstood. A lot, if not most of people view it as some sort of evil, or something involving the devil. I've studied lots of religions, and I realize it's nothing like that. Also...I've known quite a few religions who DON'T find it okay for Christians to pray to their God on their behalf.
    StefanieN84

Answer by StefanieN84 at 9:18 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Prettyrayray-

No, most Pagans will ask permission from someone before ever doing a spell for them. It's considered rude in most circles to spell without permission in hopes of not offending someone.
    paganmom05

Answer by paganmom05 at 9:20 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Because we pray blessings and for the person's soul. Spells according to the word of God are curses that come from demonic realm . I know you will disagree but when I pray for you or for any unbeliever. I pray for their salvation, for God's love to be shone to you. We tap into the Heavenly realm where GOOD dwells. We are instructed to obey the Word concerning these things. I personally do not want spells spoken over me yet I know they cannot affect me. #1 I am covered with the blood of Jesus Christ, #2The bible says a curse(spells) shall not alight upon me and #1 Any spell you send my way will come back to you.. good or evil. If it doesn't come from God, the Holy One of Israel it has no permission to stay in my own life.
    Curses and spells are spoken all the time without permission or consent of the other person. That is what witches do!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:22 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Personally, I don't mind. Send me all the healing spells you want (just, please, keep the curses to yourself, lol). But I think the problem is that Christians are a little scared of Pagans/Wiccans. They think they are all under the control of the devil. Therefore, since in their eyes and beliefs the dvil is after their immortal souls, it would be like casting the devil right at them. Of course, it has been forever since i have been in church and not all religions believe the way my old one did. So, this is all how I saw it.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• MOST Witches do NOT speak spells without a persons consent! Many pagans find it disrespectful to speak a spell without a persons consent for fear of offending that person. Do not speak of something you do not know shaneagle. It just comes off as ignorance, arrogance, and rude.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 9:25 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I do realise there are different sects/ covens and some do things differently yet many witches/satanists in the inner circle , I am not refering to those on the outside that believe these things are evil ( yes I did some research) , they do curses over whole cities and well as individials they do the opposite of what Christians do... they tear down but we ask Christians build and uplift.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 9:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Shaneagle, how many witches have you met? Most of the ladies I have met on here (ok, I haven't met any that admitted it in real life) have been considerate and have ASKED me before doing anything. Most of them feel that it is disrespectful and just plain rude to do that without asking. Maybe you need to get your nose out of the bible and take a look at the real world.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:27 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Oh my what did you read Shaneagle?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 9:28 PM on May. 14, 2009