took a dollar store preg test today 2 days after missed period and 2 days after 5 days of light bleedin thinking implantation bleeding, and the test came out neg. but then hour later had a faint line across neg to make it look positive is it possible it still may be to early to come out positive?

stinker2

Asked by stinker2 at 9:48 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• wait another week or so then take a different test not from the dollar store. I had light bleeding the first month I was pregnant & am now 8 months along.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 9:53 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Try reading the insert that comes with the test. The results get messed up after a certain amount of time. No matter what prego-test you take, you should follow up a few days to a week later. And take it in the morning, before you use the restroom for the first time. The hormones are more concentrated then, and you're more likely to get an accurate result if you are pregnant.

NEVER trust a pregnancy test that has been sitting out for an hour! Take the test, wait the allotted amount of time prior to looking at the results, and then that's it. I used dollar store tests, and they were accurate. heck, they all IMMEDIATELY has positive results. Took them in the morning: two tests were 2 days and 5 days before missed period, and three were day of missed period and 3 and 7 days later.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 10:30 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It is quite possible to have it be positive, but not enough hormones in the system yet. I always do mine first thing in the morning b/c that is when it is more concentrated. I would wait a few more days and retest. You can use another dollar store test. There is no need to waste money on a more expensive one you are just paying for the name anyway. I wish you luck.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:45 PM on May. 14, 2009

• the $ store tests I've used always showed the correct results like as soon as it became soaked.
    and the ones that were positive, still are and they are from october (kept one, for my baby's keepsake box). the negatives, im sure are still negative but they are in the trash.
    if it took a LONG time to come up with a faint line, i wouldn't rely on that. take another one.
    codysmama2609

Answer by codysmama2609 at 3:15 AM on May. 15, 2009

• GIRL!! I am in the exact same boat! i am 3days late and i've taken 3 $general tests and they came up so faint about 10-20min later. ppl see them but i took a digital and it said NOT PREGO. but im late and have a few symptoms but not the usual morning sickness, i have been doing all kinds of things to see if AF will come or not, hot baths, heating pad, sex lol, and still no AF, but the symptoms i do have is that im hungry all the time but never want to eat. boobs are barely sore starting today, i find myself going to the bathrm more often and a few cramps here and there so i will test again in a few days. This really sux!
    Anonymous