Question about gentian violet and thrush

did it heal the thrush in you or is it just for baby?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:51 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used it in my baby's mouth. It is applied topically, so you wouldn't use it inside of yourself.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:59 PM on May. 14, 2009

• I have had my bf use when he got thrush and it worked. My DD has never had it.
    coala

Answer by coala at 10:43 PM on May. 14, 2009

• You will want to take a Q-tip dipped in the Gentian Violet and rub it in the baby's mouth and along the inside of the cheeks. If you are breast feeding, dip the clean end of the Q-tip into the Gentian Violet and then gently rub it on your nipple and areolla. I had to do this twice a day for 14 days or it would come back. If you have vaginal yeast infection, do not use it there. I have read that it can cause great pain and this info came from women that had tried this solution.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 12:33 AM on May. 15, 2009

• have had a yeast infection (thrush) on my boobs and with all my kids I was on diflucan 200 ml for two wks for myself and have the baby and I use gentian violet for three days using a q-tip to have the baby suck on it after dipping it in the g violet and put the baby to u etc... and I always use it at night so that it doesn't ruin all the babys outfits and put a nice big bib on the baby too by morning the purple dye is not so noticable as I think it helps too rubbing bag balm or vaseline around the babys mouth before applying the g-violet..
    Also when trying to get rid of the thrush I DIP EVERYTHING that would touch my breast into distilled vingar because it kills the yeast... and change my pads EVERY feeding.
    Since I have been doing that this time around with my 12 wk old son I have NOT gotten thrush... As it's very painful if you get it as well as baby..
    best of luck..
    truckchickie

Answer by truckchickie at 4:30 AM on May. 15, 2009

• You will find detailed directions on how to use it to treat thrush at http://www.drjacknewman.com/help/Candida-Protocol.asp

It is important to treat both mom and baby, even if only one has symptoms.

maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 2:59 PM on May. 15, 2009