• In the Spotlight:

I keep having white flashes in the corner of my left eye, anyone has any suggestions on what that is?

Its like my eye is taking pictures or something.

diamondmamma

Asked by diamondmamma at 10:05 PM on May. 14, 2009 in Health

• Were you under bright lights ?
    How was your Graduation ?
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• That happens to me before a migrane.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 10:13 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Well I don't have migraines.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:16 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It was very nice Latinmami, thank you for asking. The flashes have been going on since yesterday but now its more persistent and bothersome.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:17 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Could it be high blood pressure?? I know I've heard it before somewhere..
    Anonymous

• This is some info I found ..

Flashes: When the vitreous gel inside your eye rubs or pulls on the retina, you may see what look like flashing lights or lightning streaks. You may have experienced this same sensation if you have ever been hit in the eye and seen "stars".

The flashes of light can appear off and on for several weeks or months. As we grow older, it is more common to experience flashes. If you notice the sudden appearance of light flashes, you should visit your ophthalmologist immediately because it could mean that the retina has been torn.

LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• could be high blood pressure or dehydration
    northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 10:24 PM on May. 14, 2009

• Well I don't know if I read my post on Monday but my S/O did strike me in the face and made my nose bleed...Damn I didn't think it would cause that though.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 10:26 PM on May. 14, 2009

• It could be high blood pressure.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:36 PM on May. 14, 2009

• i would call your eye dr... just to be safe... or an eye dr. if you don't have one of your own... i had to do that when i was like 15 years old because one day i started noticing that i had like black things in my vision... i thought maybe i had something in my eye but called the eye dr. and they told me what it was over the phone... floaters i guess, i still have them, actually a lot of them, but they are harmless and really pointless to remove... maybe just for your own peace of mind cause you don't want it to be high blood pressure or something bad like torn retina or something!
    krayzbabylove

Answer by krayzbabylove at 11:24 PM on May. 14, 2009